It’s simple to start a business from home and growing numbers of people are doing it. There are 2.9m home-based businesses in the UK and they contribute £300 billion to the economy.
These are some of the top things you need to know and do when starting a home business.
- Love thy neighbour – make sure your business activity does not upset other residents think noise, smell, parking and traffic.
- Make sure you’re covered – check what insurance you need especially if you have stock in your home or customers visiting.
- Get a good e-mail address – look professional on the web.
- Get a dedicated phone number – don’t mix incoming family calls with business contacts.
- Create a dedicated workspace – make sure you can close the door on your work to help achieve your work life balance.
- Create the right impression – consider getting a virtual office address for your post and meetings.
- Invest in good tech and stationary – cut costs but create the right impression and make sure you can be contacted.
- Outsource – buy in appropriate services until you need that full time resource.
Contact the Ad:Venture team for more guidance on running a Great Business from home.
Tel: Paul Shelton 01274 770472. E-mail: email@example.com